Peppermint for a Healthy Beard
Growing a whale of a beard no longer has to hurt, itch and irritate your burly man faces. You need essential oils that provide relief for what's ailing you. I've scoured the deadly seas of the interwebs to uncover many treasures that I then implemented into the products I produce at Sea Captain Beard Co.
PEPPERMINT ESSENTIAL OIL
Let's dig into the science of Peppermint Essential Oil first thing. Peppermint essential oil is one of the oldest European herbs used for medicinal purposes and can also be traced back to ancient Chinese & Japanese folk medicine. It's a hybrid species, usually a combination of spearmint and water mint. The essential oils are collected by a process of steam distillation.
Here's the short list of it's benefits:
- Energy booster
- Muscle relaxant
- Soothes digestive issues
- Breath freshener
- Mental focus
- Headache relief
- Clears respiratory tract
Here's what it can offer your bearded face:
1. Shampoo Enhancer - Every Captain needs their focus! Just add 2-3 drops straight into your shampoo & conditioner to stimulate your scalp and energize your mental focus. It's also a powerful antiseptic so it will aid in the removal of dandruff.
2. Anti-itch - Cool that itchy,dry skin by applying some peppermint essential oil. Great uses for improving eczema and psoriasis when applied topically. Slather them on!
3. Acne - Peppermint has one of the best anti-microbial properties to battle acne naturally. No Moby sized acne popping up before your gorgeous date.
4. Hair Growth - High quality hair products use peppermint oil because it is proven to thicken and nourish damaged hair naturally. Mostly used in a beard wash or beard soap like Kraken & Arctic Chill.
5. Energizer - Just the smell of peppermint oils can perk up any sailor enduring a long haul, or any Captain that burns both ends of the candle.
Other great things it can do:
6. Muscle Pain Relief - Peppermint is a natural pain killer and muscle relaxer. It's like an ice bath for achy joints mate. You can finally tell that back ache to walk the plank.
7. Sinus & Allergy Relief - Peppermint can relax stuffy nasal passages in your nose and clear out the allergens. Try them in a difusser while you work or sleep.
8. Fever Reducer - Works great with children! Just mix a few drops of peppermint essential oil into coconut oil and rub it on their neck and bottom of their feet and it will stabilize the fever without using other drugs. My lil guppy says she approves!
9. Headache Cure - Don't suffer from that whale of a Headache, Peppermint improves circulation, repairs indigestion, nausea and relaxes muscles that are cramping. Just apply to the forehead and temples for relief.
10. Stomach Issues - Relaxes the muscles in the intestines to reduce bloating, relieves nausea just by smell alone, freshen's breath and reduces cavities, even IBS or Irritable Bowel Syndrome can't stand up to it's power. This is not your grandma's candy anymore!
Overall, Peppermint Essential oil is likely safe when taken by mouth in quantities most commonly found in food and when used topically. However, each of us are different and react to essential oils in our own unique ways. So as usual, you should take the necessary precautions when trying any new essential oil and ask your pharmacist or doctor first if you think it may interact with any prescribed medications or vitamins you already take.
Be Your Own Captain